Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Campus Outreach pt. 2


The 75 Letters I will be handing out!

Today we had our second group from Campus Outreach visit Wycliffe. This time was pretty different, actually. First off, I helped lead worship (I played piano and sang--video below). Secondly, we didn't put as much emphasis on the Bibleless Peoples Prayer Project tonight as last week. The reason for this is that the particular group that came tonight will distribute sign-up cards to the students at a separate time already planned. But, I confirmed with the leaders that we interns are invited to their Sunday night celebration. I'll be handing out the letters to the initial group and continuing relationships with the students. I am so excited!



Tonight I met a guy named Alex. He was born in the States but grew up in Shanghai, China. His dad is from Singapore and his mother from China, and neither are saved; nor are his brother and sister. He's studying Food Science at Purdue University in Indiana. We had a great conversation about his testimony and his heart for reaching China! At the end of our conversation, I prayed for him. I looked up and saw his tear-filled eyes. He thanked me for taking the time to talk to him and gave me a hug. This is why I love my job!
I am so looking forward to hanging out with them all again on Sunday!

Here is a video of one of the songs we played for worship. It's called Hakuna Mungu Kama Wewe. That means There's No One Like Jesus. It's great to see all the students get into the African worship song and praise the Lord in another language! How awesome to be part of facilitating that :) It's really a great way to introduce the need for God's Word in every tongue.


No comments:

Post a Comment