Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Money Belongs to God

I never doubt that the Lord will provide necessary funds at the necessary times. I never doubt that all money belongs to God. I never doubt that people are willing and interested in serving the Lord through supporting others in Missions. I have "Financial Faith." However, He still surprises me in the ways He provides.
I'm nearly finished raising support for the last month of my Summer Internship here at Wycliffe. I've been updating this blog and have sent a newsletter (working on sending another, by the way), and I have made known to many my need for support--financial and prayer. Yet, the funds have not been completely paid.

A few weeks ago, a lady and her husband in California--whose home group I attended and whom helped me to get this internship--sent out their newsletter. Jan Mayer had served with Wycliffe as a Literacy Expert in Peru for 17 years, helping with a translation in one of the various Quechua languages. She also served for 6 years in Bolivia. Bob met her on a short-term mission in Peru, and they fell in love. Now they continue to serve with Wycliffe, but through Skype, conference calls, and meetings, conferences, exhibits, etc. in California. In their newsletter at the beginning of this month, there was a section that shared my story! I was blessed and encouraged just to know that people I didn't know were now going to pray for me. I never thought that I would receive financial support from this, though!
Today, I received an e-mail from a couple in Texas. They have prayerfully decided to give a one time gift of $300 and have committed to sending $25/month for the next year! As you might suspect--as this is not unusual for me!--I was brought to tears when I read the e-mail. I've learned in a new way through this that all money belongs to the Lord and He chooses to disperse it as He pleases!
I now need only to raise $200. Praise God for His provision, and thank all of you for your prayers and your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment